Monday, January 17, 2005

Lifes Instruction:0-1: Ouch Ouch Ouch

Obviously i dont know what i did when i was in that age group... (Zero to one- dodo read the previous post for more details)...But im sure most of the lessons would have ended with an ouch...

Ouch- Dont stuff your mouth with paper...'specially not todays newspaper
Ouch- Thats ma's finger not a gnawing board...
Ouch ouch ouch--Sibling rivalry exists and is taken out on your hair

and so on and forth...

The one that i think is a learning that i should take good heed of ("takeaways" as i'm professionally bound to put it)-- Learning to stand up under my faviourite hiding place merits three ouches... Imagine...

Step 1- Baby me crawls under the bed
Step 2- Baby me grasps the bed post...
Step 3- Baby me decides to get up for the first time...
Step 4- Ouch...Ouch...Ouch

A lesson learnt...

My penchant to transalte everything into steps and activities is partly coz of my work...but i guess it simplifies things...trust me if u had to read my thoughts in the way they are actuaaly thought up- ud never want to read ANYTHING again...

So what was the "takeaway"??? Hmmm... this incident came to my mind recently coz i was pondering (as i am quite un-prone to do...if there is a word as such)....on the boundaries of work,life, the universe and everything in it...

I guess it all boils down to the boundaries you have in your learning ground...I probably did not try to stand up for the next week coz i thought that my head'd be banged up if i tried.But eventually i did...dont know why, (come on i was less than a year old then...) but i did...

How do i apply this today? More from a reasoning perspective.Someone recently accused me of being arrogant as compared to the past. When i thought about it, i realized how my behaviour would have looked so to someone who is used to seeing me as a person who questions everything , including herself...He knew me when my boundaries were smaller- I had limited exposure to work and life in general. I had tried to stand up, in the wrong places and got hurt and pushed down in the process. But then i did learn to make my way up. I rationalised it as someone who saw me stand up under the bed was surprised taht i actually had the guts to stand up at all...

Ok too much gyaan for the day...im surprised that i have so much of philosophy in me...

No comments: