Friday, November 03, 2006

Some of my favourite quotes and poems - Updated

  • Six feet now suffices for the man for whom once the world was not enough (Attributed to Alexander's epitaph)
  • Just because you don't understand Japanese doesn't mean Japan doesnt exist (I said it- maybe one day someone will make it famous)
  • Dont quit - Just because you hiccupped does'nt mean you need to stop breathing. (Only i could make such a statement)
  • "Beniyaazii had se guzarii bandaa paravar kab talak;
    Hum kahenge haal-e-dil aur aap farmaayenge kyaa???" (Ghalib)
  • "The mind has a thousand eyes, And the heart but one:
    Yet the light of a whole life dies When love is done." (excerpted from Francis William Bourdillon)
  • "Funeral Blues " by WH Auden - Loved this poem which was made popular also thru 4Weddings and a funeral. My fave. excerpt:
    "He was my North, my South, my East and West,
    My working week and my Sunday rest,
    My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
    I thought that love would last forever: I was wrong"
  • "They also serve those who stand and wait" (Milton of course...or was it Keats)
  • All of the walrus and the carpenter
  • Arthur O'Shaughnessy's "We are the music makers"
    "We are the music-makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams,
    Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
    World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams:
    Yet we are the movers and shakers Of the world for ever, it seems "
  • "I Think i saw a putty catth...I deeeeed ... I deeeed" (Tuffy in Tom&Jerry)

And suggeted by KP ... In memorium of pirates of the carribean, circa 2006

  • "Fifteen men on a dead man's chest... Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum
    Drink and the devil have done for the rest...yo ho ho and a bottle of rum"

:)

.....thats just off the top of my head:)

1 comment:

Naveen Nair said...

hey nice blog.. :-) keep up the good work...
oh and btw.. milton.. not keats....
"on his blindness"
...