Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Semantics, The importance of

Cynical or disillusioned?

Flashy tie or obscene tie?

Jobless or in between projects

Unassigned or jobless

Innocent or naïve

Bored or frustrated

Some of these have been running through my mind of late. Funny how the same thing can be conveyed in different ways by the speaker, but interpreted differently by the listener. Some are words which ive used, and some are words which I have interpreted. Having been on both sides of the table, I figure iIt’s a word-jungle out there, and am now aware (as I have never been before) of how I need to pick and choose what I say.

Then I figure that silence is the best defence. But uh-huh…Being silent gets interpreted as being too snobbish, not wanting to talk beyond a certain cirlcle of people.

Yet another case of damned if I do, and damned if I don’t.

So the next time someone says “Its all semantics”…remember, it’s a jungle out there!!!

2 comments:

Tinkerbells said...

when mind speaks to mind, semantics lose significance, I feel

-T'Sme said...

Tinkerbells - Its not "when" but "if". At the workplace how often does mind speak to mind anyway??? But ya i agree if thats the case, semantics is just another word...